7 Unexpected But Still Delicious Details Of My Life
1. As I attempt to start this blog, my boyfriend of almost 5 years is aggressively twerking in the living room. Not, like, 8 counts of twerking to prove a point, but several juicy minutes of very legit booty-bouncing choreography to more than one full song.
2. I didn't have an audition today, or go to class. I didn't put on makeup. I didn't spend much time on social media. I did research and write a pitch article all day for a dance website, and got to Facetime with some incredibly inspiring people as part of that research. I'll let you know how it's received. :)
3. I'm not too concerned that I'm technically unemployed, but I've been UTTERLY THRILLED and smiling all day that the peace lily on my coffee table is brewing up a second flower. Such is the mystery of true happiness.
4. To escape my writing hole, I went for a 'walk' around my neighborhood, during which I performed full musical theatre style dance breaks along residential roads. I came home sweaty and still grooving.
5. I'm booked to do a show in March/April! It's called Tenor By Night, an original musical by James Chiao, directed by David F.M. Vaughn & choreographed by Becky Castells. We'll be at the Cerritos Performing Arts Center April 3rd & 4th. I got this job without auditioning and I'm so happy about that. I'm stepping up in the world, people!
6. My sleep since I left for New York has been crammed with dreams. Regular, daily grind dreams in which I'm slowly getting work done and enjoying discovering fairly mundane things. O..K...?
7. Shane, my twerking boyfriend, also finished editing 3 videos today, and also made a giant pot of quinoa salad, and also went to the gym, and also made me laugh.
I'm so proud of him.
If you had asked me 10 years ago what my life would look like today... none of the details listed above would make the guess. But that doesn't make me any less excited to be living through them now. I think there might be a lesson in there somewhere... (thinks about it).
Perhaps that lesson is: we can focus less on detailed expectations for the future and just enjoy all the delicious little things we could have never predicted.
Sounds good to me. Let's roll with it.
What are some unpredictable but delightful details of your life today?